Explain the principles of integrative nutrition.
Must follow APA 7th edition guidelines
You are an RN at Rasmussen Hospital and recently worked with a patient who told you about an unusual diet they started recently. You are concerned about the patient’s well-being and feel a sense of responsibility to teach them about potential risks of following a fad diet.
You tell your supervisor about the situation, and explain that you would like to develop a patient education handout. Something that your fellow nurses could use when educating patients to make sound nutritional decisions. Your supervisor thinks it is an excellent idea and is interested to see what you develop!
Create a 2-page, patient education handout that addresses the following:
- Explain the principles of integrative nutrition.
- Emphasize the importance of food as medicine.
- Describe the ways integrative nutrition is influenced by patient-factors, including attitudes, social/cultural habits, and environmental surroundings.
- Research 1 fad diet and 1 evidence-based diet to feature in your handout, and do the following:
- Describe each diet.
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of each diet.
- Cite at least 1 credible resource for each diet.