Identify a health problem or need for health promotion for a particular stage in the life span of a population from a specific culture in your area.
: Read the following requirements thoroughly, and write 2-3 pages paper on the instructions given below. Your paper must include headings before started each new section. You must include 3-4 scholarly references cited in APA. Your answer must be 100% original.
1. Identify a health problem or need for health promotion for a particular stage in the life span of a population from a specific culture in your area. Choose one of the Leading Health Indicators (LHI) priorities from Healthy People 2020 (see the Healthy People.gov 2020 Leading Health Indicators website). Research a topic related to health and wellness associated with one of the Healthy People 2020 LHI topic areas. Students in a cultural concentration will use that specific cultural focus to complete this assignment.
2. You will develop an educational health promotion project addressing the population/culture in your area. For or example, if you are in the Hispanic concentration, your project might be educational interventions to address how food choices are related to the high rates of diabetes among Latinos; or, a community project that addresses the statistic that Hispanics experience new HIV infections at more than twice the rate of whites; or, finding opportunities to intervene with Puerto Ricans, a Hispanic.
3. Select a minimum of three (3) scholarly nursing or research article (published within the last 5years) related to your topic that include health promotion and wellness content.
4. Students in a cultural concentration will select at least one article specifically related to the cultural focus for this assignment.
Write a 2-3 pages paper (excluding the title and reference pages) using the following guidelines:
1. Write brief introduction of the topic and describe why it is important to health promotion in the specific cultural population in your area.
2. Include a description of the topic and the targeted sub culture or population (include statistics)
3. Explain how the project relates to the Healthy People 2020 topic area you have chosen.
4. Summarize the articles; include key points or findings from the articles.
5. Discuss how you used the information from the articles for your Health Promotion Project. Provide specific examples.
6. Describe the approach/approaches you developed to educate the target population about the topic. Include specific ways to promote lifestyle changes within the specified population relative to your specific culture. The approach should be appropriate for your cultural concentration.
7. Write your conclusion and summary.